Friday, January 6, 2017

Racial Traits: Dragonborn

Where do I get a winged dragonborn? Sign me up!
Next up in the PHB is the Dragonborn. The rest of these races proved more difficult to create traits for, mostly due to the shorter descriptions given in the handbook. However, here is a full trait table nonetheless!

Dragonborn Traits

No discussions about dragon anatomy, please
d8 Personality Trait
1. If I were to dishonor my clan, I might disown myself.
2. I'm always amused when other races pray or practice religion.
3. I hope to find a craft or goal worthy of my time, like my ancestors before me.
4. I'm quick to pass judgment on others, even though I know they can't ever live up to dragonborn standards.
5. I make fast friends with those who also practice my craft.
6. I can't stand being idle, and complain loudly if I can't occupy myself with my goals.
7. There are some problems only a dragonborn can solve, no matter what other races believe.
8. I am proud of my skill at my craft and love to discuss it with others.

d6 Ideal
1. Duty. Adherence to the traditions and responsibilities of the clan is the most worthy goal. (Lawful)
2. Honor. Any one member of a clan represents it, and their actions reflect deeply on the clan. (Good)
3. Self-Improvement. Life is a never-ending journey, there are always new things to learn and do. (Neutral)
4. Loyalty. Those who are a part of my clan are worthy of the highest honor and respect. (Good)
5. Self-Sufficiency. A complete dragonborn needs no assistance from others, we are as strong alone as together. (Chaotic)
6. Mastery. Life is a reflection of craft. If I am skilled at my craft, I will be better as a dragonborn. (Any)

d6 Bond
1. The dragon whose scales I bear is worthy of my service and respect.
2. My clan is more important than life itself. I always reflect upon how my actions will affect their honor.
3. My craft is my life, and I constantly look to practice and improve it.
4. The best person to help a dragonborn is another dragonborn, preferably within my clan.
5. I am loathe to associate myself with dragons or dragonborn of my color. It's worth being considered an outsider.
6. The lands of my birth are where my clan was sown. They are worth protecting.

d6 Flaw
1. The other races see us as monsters, and I am slow to trust them in kind.
2. I'd rather be miserable than ask a non-dragonborn for help with my problems.
3. I have no respect for those who trust the fickle gods before their peers.
4. If someone acts dishonorably before me, I take it as a personal offense and demand atonement.
5. Those who rely completely on others are more worthless than the dirt I walk upon.
6. I trust other dragonborn easily, even if they are my enemies.

Close enough
If you would like to read more about why I am writing these, or how I use them in my games, please check out my first post on Dwarves.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment